Basic 102: Essential Functions of your EOS Camera
Take the next step with your EOS digital SLR and making great images. We will move past the dials and buttons and learn more of what changes you can make on your camera to help your photograph tell more of a story.
You will see many examples of great photography and learn techniques to use including exposure, composition, and flash. This is part two in a module that will take more of a look at controlling the image than button placement and terminology.
During the Class you will:
- Explore the different focusing modes that your camera has to offer.
- Learn how to use manual point AutoFocus selection.
- Be introduced to how exposure can affect the feel of an image.
- Understand what is being shown in the viewfinder and how to interpret that information.
- Experience the relationship of shutter speed, aperture and ISO.
- Learn the basics of flash and when it best to use one or just available light.
- Find out why would you want to use an accessory flash or is the pop up flash enough.
- Understand how a flash operates in different modes- Av, Tv, P.
- Discuss the "rules" of composition and how to break them.
- Take a deeper dive into file types, settings and workflow.